Wrongful Death Attorney Seattle
The death of a loved one is an unthinkable tragedy, made even more difficult when we know that the passing was preventable. Not only are families faced with emotional devastation, but they may also be facing financial insecurities. Possible issues include medical bills, funeral expenses, and lasting financial impacts due to an absence of earning power or support.
Why Choose Multani Law Group To Be Your Wrongful Death Attorney in Seattle?
The attorneys at Multani Law Group are experienced and dedicated in the field of wrongful death law. We understand how overwhelming this time can be, so we take a compassionate yet aggressive approach to your case. Our goal is to provide you with the justice and compensation your family deserves after such an unexpected loss.
What Is A Wrongful Death Claim?
A wrongful death claim is a civil lawsuit that seeks to hold the responsible party accountable for their negligence that resulted in someone’s death. Wrongful death claims are brought by an individual or group of individuals who have suffered from the loss of a loved one. To pursue a wrongful death claim, one must demonstrate that the death would not have occurred had the defendant not acted in a negligent or reckless manner.
Types of Wrongful Death Claims
Tragically, the death of a loved one as the result of an accident or injury is more common than ever. According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, 80,200 deaths occurred in the United States in 2020 due to unintentional injury.
The leading cause of death from unintentional injury include:
- Motor Vehicle Accidents
- Accidental poisonings (ie. drug overdose)
- Unintentional drowning
- Unintentional falls
- Medical malpractice
- Work-related injuries and illness
- Pedestrian and bicycle accidents
- Defective products
- Causes of Wrongful Deaths
In the state of Washington, surviving family members may be entitled to compensation for the wrongful death of a loved one. This could be in the form of an insurance claim or a wrongful death lawsuit under RCW 4.20. These may include reimbursement of funeral costs and medical expenses, as well as damages related to pain and suffering, loss of companionship, lost wages, and future lost earnings that would have been provided by the deceased.
A wrongful death claim can be filed for three causes:
- Death resulting from wrongful acts- An act done with the intention of causing harm or an act done without any regard for public safety can be considered a wrongful act, i.e., violence or drunk driving.
- Death resulting from default- A death that would not have occurred if not as a result of another act, i.e., medical malpractice.
- Death resulting from negligence- When a person fails to take reasonable care in carrying out their responsibilities, they could be held responsible for the resulting death, i.e., failing to warn others of potentially dangerous conditions.
What To Do After A Wrongful Death
After a wrongful death, family members may be unsure of what to do or where to turn. They may also be uncertain about the cause and person responsible for their loved one’s death.
Steps to take after a wrongful death has occurred include the following:
- Gather and document evidence – Any details about the accident or incident you can obtain should be noted, including photos, medical records, police reports, and witness accounts.
- Make notes about what your loved one was doing before the accident occurred.
- Create a comprehensive list of anyone or anything that may have been involved.
- Make sure to keep all medical statements, bills, and receipts relating to your loved one’s care.
- Gather insurance documents and reach out to an insurance company representative immediately.
- Contact a wrongful death attorney before making any statements or signing documents related to settlements.
An experienced attorney can help families navigate the legal process and provide advice on filing a wrongful death claim. We will approach your case aggressively and provide you with the justice and compensation your family deserves after such an unexpected loss.
We Are Here For You
How An Attorney Can Help
We understand the trauma caused by the loss of a loved one and are here to assist you in getting justice for your family. We are committed to helping families receive fair compensation for their losses. We will take all necessary steps to ensure that those responsible for the wrongful death of your relative are held accountable.
Our Attorneys Will:
- Help you understand your legal rights and provide advice on how to proceed with the case.
- Provide comprehensive support throughout the entire legal process.
- Investigate the circumstances of the accident or incident to uncover negligence, if applicable.
- Gather vidence and build a strong case.
- Negotiate with insurance companies and other parties involved.
- Work to ensure you receive the compensation you and your family deserve for your losses.
Our attorneys are dedicated to serving our clients with compassion and integrity. We strive to achieve a successful outcome and will guide you through every step of the process. No matter how complex or difficult your case may be, we are here to help.
If you have lost a loved one in a wrongful death and are looking for an attorney near me, contact Multani Law Group in Burien, Washington, for a free consultation with a wrongful death attorney in Seattle. Our team is dedicated to helping the families of wrongful death victims get the justice and compensation they deserve.
Multani Law Group: Your Trusted Wrongful Death Attorney Seattle. Let us take care of your legal needs so you can focus on the future. Contact us now for a free consultation.